RE: tyranny on the net

From: Martin Ryder (mryder@carbon.cudenver.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 09:19:40 PST

Nate,

I'm not sure how you are using the word constraint here. Perhaps you
refer to the self-constraint to limit your online communication, knowing
that your future employer may be watching. Certainly the issue of privacy
is a serious one and we should all be aware that the words we type here
are available for anyone to find for any purpose in the context of any
search activity. We can choose to impose strict self constraints,
electing to hide who we are and what we stand for, or we can cast our fate
to the wind in this electronic glass house. Most of us will select a
prudent path somewhere between these two extremes.

Martin R.