Announcement and Invitation: New Web Ring

From: mary bryson (brys@unixg.ubc.ca)
Date: Tue Jan 18 2000 - 17:48:31 PST

Announcement and Invitation: New Web Ring

Not wanting to risk entering the new millenium unencumbered by a domain name
(dot com), I am now the proud parent of:
http://www.shecan.com

A site dedicated to ongoing research concerning gender and new information
technologies, and to maintaining and nurturing a web-ring of sites featuring
"WebTools by Women".

A web-ring is a collection of linked sites sharing a common theme or topic.

If you are a woman who has created a web-tool (deliberately ambiguous, and
could include a tutorial on web surfing, a primer on using colour on web
pages, a collection of background files, a search engine......), please
visit the shecan.com site, and add your site to our ring.

Please re-post this message to any relevant email list.

thank you!

Mary

--
Dr. Mary Bryson, Associate Professor, Education, UBC
GenTech Project  http://www.shecan.com

In societies where modern conditions of production prevail, all of life presents itself as an immense accumulation of "spectacles". Everything that was directly lived has moved away into representation. - Guy Dubord, "The Society of the Spectacle" c 1967