RE: The positive side

From: Nate Schmolze (schmolze@students.wisc.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 17 2000 - 19:40:46 PST

Eugene,

Its been over for 3000 years :)

I am not sure if adding a day will help us here. If as I heard the Mayans
originated the number (0) it was with a base 20 system. So, January 1st 2000
would be,

12.19.6.15.2

http://www.tzolkin.com/mayancal.htm?DateMonth=January&DateDay=1&DateYear=200
0&Action=Calculate

With the decimal points being left to right;

            1 kin = 1 day,
            1 uinal = 20 kins = 20 days
            1 tun = 18 uinals = 360 days
            1 katun = 20 tuns = 7,200 days
            1 baktun = 20 katuns = 144,000 days

http://www.magnet.ch/serendipity/hermetic/cal_stud/maya/chap1.htm

So, 12.19.6.15.2 denotes a count of 12 baktuns, 19 katuns, 6 tuns, 15 uinals
and 2 kin, or 12*144,000 + 19*7,200 + 6*360 + 15*20 + 2*1 days, or 1,867,262
days. It could be roughly translated as follows,

1,728,000 days (20 decade century)
136,800 days (20 year decade)
2,160 days (18 week year - 360 days)
300 days (20 day week)
2 days (day)
___
1,867,262 days

If we divide it by 365 we get 5115.7863013698630136986301369863 years.
Either way it looks like we are about 3000 years to late.

This just goes to show you maybe Einstein had something with time being
relative.

Nate