Re: connecting

From: Ricardo Ottoni (rjapias@attglobal.net)
Date: Thu Dec 16 1999 - 17:27:34 PST

Mike Cole wrote:
> XMCA is an extraodinarily rich medium for thinking in.

Beyond a rich medium for thinking in, it is a medium of socializing
different kinds of knowledge, and difusion of effors on developing the
historical-cultural paradigm of cognition.

I shall congratulate you Mike - all XMCA's members and UCSD - for the
very importance of this eletronic discussion forum on promoting specific
ways of thinking and not presential interaction.

XMCA e-forum has helped me a lot with my academic activity and was
decisive to me on writting my master degree dissertation.

Aside that pointed above it has been a real course of writting and
expressing thinking in English as a foreing language to me - Portuguese
speaking fellow.

I feel that I, now-a-days, can master english much more better than when
I came to the first time to XMCA.

And all those who had been monitoring xmca discussion since more than a
year ago, can testify what I'm saying here.

Of course, I expect someday write and speak fluently in English as I'd
like to.

Thank you all for respecting our differences, kinds of thinking and
preferences.

Thanks.

I wish you all happy holydays
and
that the profusion of Christmas dinner table can be extended to all
people around the planet someday.

Rico.