Re: Re(2): Re(2): Re(2): Re(2): the whiteness of middle class play

From: Paul Dillon (dillonph@northcoast.com)
Date: Tue Dec 07 1999 - 10:46:24 PST

Judy,

You write:

"How is it that the texts we write repeat us? That the (positive) assertions
we make of others so consistently mirror our strenghts, and the (negative)
assertions we make of others so consistently mirror our own deficiencies."

following this line of reasoning one could come to the conclusion that the
critique that something is "white, male, and middle class" mirrors a "white
male middle class" position. Surely this isn't what you mean to say.