Re(2): excerpts from bergson

From: Martin Owen (mowen@rem.bangor.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Dec 07 1999 - 08:20:52 PST

xmca@weber.ucsd.edu writes:
>The scientific systems simply supplant (are silent about?) the
>relationship
>between their accounts of time or history and the lived duree.

I am finding the quotes from Bergson some of the most beautiful
discriptions of differential calculus. However his writing was before the
constructs of quantum electro dynamics were intorduced to scientific
thinking about time and place. Neither had issues like plate techtonics.

True, QED has little to say about the "lived duree", but scientist's
concepts of space and time and how they are marked have changed.

martin