Re: Robert Brown

From: Paul Dillon (dillonph@northcoast.com)
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 20:39:28 PST

Nate,

There is quite a good discussion about Seattle going on on the ARNOVA-L
mailing list (that's non-profit research) probably because so many NGOs
showed up for both the meetings AND the demonstrations.

Most importantly, there are some people sending quite detailed reports from
the streets there.

If you want me to forward you any of this let me know. It seems a lot to
send to xmca.

And yes, the key thing about this protest is that it is the first major
demonstration since the general strike was outlawed that protests corporate
power itself, not civil liberties, not specific issues, it is rather a great
unification that even sees (gawd help us) the libertarians and the greens
finally seeing what common ground they have. Quite interesting indeed.
Something of a dialectically inevitable consequence of the globalization of
corporate power, ha!!! What a way to start the new millenium, eh?

Paul H. Dillon

Paul H. Dillon