Re: co-constructions

Victoria Yew (v.yew who-is-at edfac.usyd.edu.au)
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 14:01:21 +1100

Bill

You've articulated what I always felt in "asymmetrically styled"
colloboration, such as primary school teaching.

Victoria

At 10:55 AM 17/11/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Victoria forces me to espouse my recent ( confusion deficit) theory of zpd.
>When an adult comes along to help a confused child, and *really pays close
>attention* to what the child is thinking/doing, the channels of interaction
>are fully opened. The adult, whose state prior to being eveloped in the
>zpd was one of clarity, i.e. confusion deficit, sucks up the childs
>confusion, and leaves the child clear to continue working. This process is
>readily apparent in the dazed state of the adult and the goal-oriented
>state of the child upon completion of the process.
>
>This process is consistent with the laws of thermodynamics in which
>disorder increases in a system with its age.
>
>Signed,
>Just another canister of growing confusion.

Victoria Yew
SU-PESA President
Doctoral Candidate
School of Educational Psychology, Literacies & Learning
Faculty of Education
University of Sydney
NSW 2006 AUSTRALIA

Telephone : (61 2) 9351 6326
Fax : (61 2) 9351 2606
E-mail : v.yew who-is-at edfac.usyd.edu.au