Re: mastery learning gone bad

Peter Smagorinsky (smago who-is-at peachnet.campuscwix.net)
Sat, 09 Oct 1999 09:03:23 -0400

Usually an alternative school allows a student to receive a regular
diploma. In this county, there's a Phoenix School which is an alternative
school. I assume that students can go there as long as they pass the
Gateway test. The bridge schools will serve as purgatory until students can
pass the test.

Rather than take up excessive space in the listserve, I'll provide the
district's website: http://www.gwinnett.k12.ga.us/. Under General Facts,
click on Gateway Testing and get your information first hand.

Peter