Re: October Paper for Discussion

Judy Diamondstone (diamonju who-is-at rci.rutgers.edu)
7 Oct 1999 23:21:56 -0000

Nate, I haven't yet composed a response to B.B.'s paper - Wasn't it
scheduled next? Please note, while email messages are time consuming,
papers, especially that draw on disciplines outside one's training, are
voracious consumers of time. I limit my xmca participation to once/week, so
I will apologize in advance to Gordon - I don't expect to make contributions
to the discussion of another paper for a while. Judy

At 07:32 PM 10/5/99 -0500, you wrote:
>XCMA,
>
>With Gordon's recent book announcement, I asked him if he would be
>interested in a collective review of the ZPD paper linked on the MCA
>webpage, which is also the final chapter of the book. I am resubmitting
>the book information along with the address on the ZPD paper up for
>discussion.
>
>Dialogic Inquiry: Towards a sociocultural practice and theory of education
>Cambridge University Press
>http://www.cup.org/ObjectBuilder/ObjectBuilder.iwx?ProcessName=ProductPage&
>Merchant_Id=1&product_id=0-521-63725-2&origin=search&searchField=TITLE&sear
>chString=Dialogic%20inquiry
>
>* Also available at Amazon
>
>Gordon Wells: gwells who-is-at oise.utoronto.ca
>The Zone of Proximal Development and its Implications for Learning and
>Teaching
>http://www.oise.utoronto.ca/~gwells/resources/ZPD.html
>This is a chapter from Gordon Well's book, Dialogic inquiry: Towards a
>sociocultural practice and theory of education (1999), in which he looks at
>the implications of the ZPD for teaching and learning. The paper has six
>major sections; assessment, instruction, semiotic mediation,
>internalization, significant other, and the telos of development.
>

>PS: Gordon's paper (paper archive) and the Sociocultural Conference in
>Brasil (related links) are currently linked at
>http://communication.ucsd.edu/MCA/index.html
>

> /\ / /\ | /-----
> / \ / /__\ ---|--- /---
>/ \/ / \ | /----
>
>Nate Schmolze
>http://www.geocities.com/~nschmolze/
>schmolze who-is-at students.wisc.edu

>"Pedogogics is never and was never politically indifferent,
>since, willingly or unwillingly, through its own work on the psyche,
>it has always adopted a particular social pattern, political line,
>in accordance with the dominant social class that has guided its
>interests".
>
> L.S. Vygotsky

Judith Diamondstone (732) 932-7496 Ext. 352
Graduate School of Education
10 Seminary Place
New Brunswick, NJ 08901-1183