social promotion

Louise Yarnall (lyarnall who-is-at ucla.edu)
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 09:27:48 -0700

Last week I attended a conference where where researcher Lorrie Sheppard
(sp?) spoke about her studies of retention and social promotion. She
announced something that I did not know, and I thought it might be news to
other on XMCA. Contrary to widespread public perception, there is and has
been continued use of retention in many districts across this country. I
thought that the retention option had been all but abandoned, but apparently
I was misinformed.

Louise