Re: Identity & Language

Judy Diamondstone (diamonju who-is-at rci.rutgers.edu)
21 Sep 1999 16:43:03 -0000

Genevieve reminds us of the relatively vast sociolinguistic literature on
gender. Another reference is:

Deborah Cameron (Ed.) 's volume _The Feminist Critique of Language: A
Reader_ Routledge 1998

The volume sets in dialog the arguments for reading language use as
influenced by gender and reading language use as influenced by relative
status and authority ....

Judith