Re: query

Artin Goncu (goncu who-is-at uic.edu)
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 12:28:33 -0500

Mary,
I think you will find some comfort in Barbara Rogoff's chapter called
"Integrating context and cognitive development" in M.E. Lamb and A. L.
Brwon (Eds.), Advances in developmental psychology, Vol 2, Hillsdale, NJ:
Erlbaum.

At 08:26 AM 09/10/1999 -0700, you wrote:
>Foolishly, I responded to a colleague who asked me to give a talk in his
>development lecture series, "But I don't believe in development!". The
>riposte is now the title of my soon-to-be delivered talk. I am going to try
>to write something about "development" as a trope that *does* a production
>and policing of "the normal" (a la Doing things with Words/Austin blah
>blah). Now I know someone has probably already written this paper, and one
>of you folks might know who, or even have been the author of this paper.
>Any hints or feedback on what I might read VASTLY appreciated. (I tried
>mewling that I didn't have "any data", and wasn't that a sine qua non for
>talking about development? That didn't work either. We live in strange
>times.)
>
>Mary
>
>Dr. Mary Bryson, Associate Professor,
>Faculty of Education, UBC
>Principal Co-Investigator: GenTech Project
>
>http://www.educ.sfu.ca/gentech/

Artin Goncu, Ph.D
Associate Professor
Coordinator, Early Childhood Education