Re: Creative, Traditional, and Catastrophic Arrangements

Bill Barowy (wbarowy who-is-at mail.lesley.edu)
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 14:53:50 -0400

At 9:34 AM -0700 9/9/99, Paul Dillon wrote:
>To my mind it seems that the currently fashionable, widespread use of the
>word "ecology" is not very useful for furthering our understanding of
>anything at all.

You're right. I probably should have used 'semiotic ecology' as Alfred Lang used it.

Sorry to make this short, but other tasks are pressing.

Bill Barowy, Associate Professor
Lesley College, 31 Everett Street, Cambridge, MA 02138-2790
Phone: 617-349-8168 / Fax: 617-349-8169
http://www.lesley.edu/faculty/wbarowy/Barowy.html
"One of life's quiet excitements is to stand somewhat apart from yourself
and watch yourself softly become the author of something beautiful."
[Norman Maclean in "A river runs through it."]