Re: form only?

Ken Goodman (kgoodman who-is-at u.arizona.edu)
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 09:39:23 -0700

Reading and language in general have not been of interest to learning theory
folk- reborn behaviorists- in ed psych, That has left a vacuum for the
medically oriented deficit researchers funded by NICHD. It was no accident
that the NAS report (chair- Catherine Snow) was titled "The prevention of
Reading Difficulties.

On the issue of play, there is a very rich literature in Britain. Clem Edelman
of Reading University (that's Reading, nor reading) has a book on play
research.

Ken Goodman