Re: form only?

nate (schmolze who-is-at students.wisc.edu)
Sun, 22 Aug 1999 20:21:01 -0500

James Byrnes
Cognitive Development and Learning in Instructional Contexts
Allyn and Bacon (publisher)
1996
isbn 0 205 15950 8

The text has a constructivist-information processing approach, but it
focuses explicitly on reading and math. In reading it discusses Chall,
whole language, and recipical reading. The discussion is in the lingo of
processors such as the meaning processor etc. It spends a good deal of
time on various stategies that reminded me of some of your own research.
The text seems like it would be more in line with what your looking for.

Chapter 5
The Nature of skilled reading
the development of skilled reading
individual differences in reading skills
instructional implications

Chapter 6
The nature of reading comprehension
developmental trends in reading comprehension
individual .......
instructional ......

Math
same format