Re: Re(2): academic freedom

dkirsh who-is-at lsu.edu
Mon, 9 Aug 1999 19:02:38 -0500

Hi Phillip.
Back today from two weeks vacation, I've just sifted through the whole
Daly discussion on XMCA. Of particular concern to me is the tendency
to broadcast to the list meta-criticisms that are personalized. I think that
meta-discourse in general is very helpful for the listserve, but perhaps
the cost in hurt feelings and defensive postures of personalized meta-
criticisms given in a public forum is not worth the benefit. That's why I
send notes like this off-line.
Regards.
David

Phillip_White who-is-at ceo.cudenver.edu (Phillip White) on 08/04/99 02:35:04 PM

Please respond to xmca who-is-at weber.ucsd.edu