Re: Activity Theory Texts online

Victoria Yew (v.yew who-is-at edfac.usyd.edu.au)
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 04:01:21 +1000

--------------EE0D13B651C2E04898312D2C

Hi

I strongly support Bill's suggestion regarding Engestrom 1987. I've been =
trying to get my hands on that book for a long time, and sadly, it can't =
be found in my library, nor is it re-printed anymore. Anyway, it was only=
after a long search that I
finally manage to get hold of it. No doubt, many CHAT students must be ex=
periencing what I've gone through, as I've been told recently.

Victoria

Bill Barowy wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just away for a few days and catching up - may I suggest Engestr=F6m 19=
87 be added to the list of desired texts available (somehow) online? It =
is referenced almost everywhere and greater ease of access would greatly =
support students of CHAT.

> A pdf library as discussed is a great idea and, if indexed with key wor=
ds and links in html, would allow search engines to find what is desired=
. Regarding copy vs publish issues, I am all for whatever means provides=
expedient and lasting access.

> lchc seems an appropriate home for this material.
>
> Bill Barowy, Associate Professor
> Technology in Education
> Lesley College, 31 Everett Street, Cambridge, MA 02138-2790
> Phone: 617-349-8168 / Fax: 617-349-8169
> http://www.lesley.edu/faculty/wbarowy/Barowy.html
> _______________________
> "One of life's quiet excitements is to stand somewhat apart from yourse=
lf
> and watch yourself softly become the author of something beautiful."
> [Norman Maclean in "A river runs through it."]

--------------EE0D13B651C2E04898312D2C

begin:vcard
n:;
tel;fax:International (+612) 9351 2606
tel;work:International (+612) 9351 6326
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:School of Educational Psychology, Literacies, and Learning;Faculty of Education (A35)
version:2.1
email;internet:v.yew who-is-at edfac.usyd.edu.au, mlyew@mail.usyd.edu.au
title:Ph.D. (Education) Candidate
adr;quoted-printable:;;The University of Sydney=0D=0A;Sydney;NSW;2006;Australia
fn:Victoria M. L. Yew
end:vcard

--------------EE0D13B651C2E04898312D2C--