Re: arithmetic query

dkirsh who-is-at lsu.edu
Sun, 11 Jul 1999 16:07:43 -0500

Judy.
I can't figure out the syntax of the problems any better than you can.
But anyone interested in the phenomenon being called "inversion"
can find data and discussion in

Resnick, L. B., Cauzinille-Marmeche, E., & Mathieu, J. (1987).
Understanding algebra. In J. A. Sloboda & D. Rogers (Eds.),
Cognitive processes in mathematics. Oxford: Oxford University Press.

David Kirshner

Judy Diamondstone <diamonju who-is-at rci.rutgers.edu> on 07/11/99 02:41:07 PM

Please respond to xmca who-is-at weber.ucsd.edu