RE: Not exactly a phoenix - xmca arises

DSHendler (bison who-is-at mail.utexas.edu)
Mon, 5 Jul 1999 19:28:56 -0500

bruce,
the irony of this is that i re-subscribed to xmca back
in march, but never got anything. this message was the
first posting i've received. thank you for getting me
back on!
-dave

ds hendler
the elvis of cyberspace

assistant instructor, university of texas
american association for higher education, web center
buzzword technologies

Phil Agre never sleeps

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Jones [mailto:bjones@weber.ucsd.edu]
Sent: Sunday, July 04, 1999 6:31 PM
To: xmca who-is-at weber.ucsd.edu
Subject: Not exactly a phoenix - xmca arises

For reasons yet to be determined, the distribution list for xmca
was seriously truncated on or about last Wednesday (probably a
result of my duelling with the TWU-induced gremlins). The
shortened nature of things was discovered this morning.

In an effort to get the list back up and running in any sort of
useful fashion, I grepped a list of folks who had posted to xmca
over the past three months from the log files and re-created an
abbreviated distribution list (after culling those who had unsbscribed)

The current dist list is about 1/2 the length of the list prior to
this recent spate of difficulties. However it probably contains
most, if not all of the folks who create the dialog online. The
lurkers, who will be added back when we can recover a copy of the
list from backup tapes (sometime Tues, in all probability) will just
have to catch up from the xmca web archives.

If you were unsubscribed, and I failed to pull you from my new
list, just dump this in the bit bucket. You'll come back off the
list when I replace this dist list with the backup, Tues.

mea culpa, and my apologies,

bj

p.s. This also means that anything you thought you posted after
Wed last, probably didn't go out. You can check the web archives to
see, as that account disappeared along with everyone elses, so the
archive represents the true state of what was distributed.

-