Re: AERA/International

Dr. PedroR. Portes (prport01 who-is-at athena.louisville.edu)
Sun, 06 Jun 1999 15:33:42 -0400

Mike et al
AERA might give Iscrat that session since they are a European sister
organization, like they did when Rubstov was going to come to the ZPD
session our second year.
If Davydov's followers respond, there is always the possibility of another
session for the Russian Academy as org.

(below just a list i found, of potential interest to some,)
pedro

------------

Subject: World School Directory

http://www.education-world.com/regional/k12_schools

A country-by-country and state-by-state guide to K12 Schools, Universities,
and Education Resources around the world.

Find the following LOCAL Schools within this guide:

Charter Schools & School Districts
Montessori Schools
Parochial Schools & School Districts
Private Schools
Public Schools & School Districts
Gifted and Talented School Districts
Special Needs School Districts
Universities & University Departments

Also find the following related resources:

Education Organizations
K12 School Libraries
School Newspapers
K12 School Publications
Alumni Publications
Regional Education Resources
Vocational - Technical Schools
Gifted and Talented Schools
International Schools
Magnet Schools
Online Schools
Special Needs Schools
At 08:34 AM 6/6/99 -0700, you wrote:

>Great work, Pedro.
>This AERA preceeds the Brazil2000 Socio-Cultural Studies Conference
>which folks also ought to keep in mind. Ah, Brazil in the Winter (Summer)
>time!
>
>As to an ISCRAT theme. How about taking up Vasya Davydov's challenge when
>he told the gathered members of LCHC several years ago: "You will never
>see educational activity in a classroom." Seems to resonate a lot with
>recent xmca discussions and should bring up some crucial issues. Yrjo
>usually goes to such meetings. Maybe we could get one of Davydov's followers
>who are trying to organize schools where educational activity DOES happen
>to give a presentation. Boris Elkonin for example?
>mike

Pedro R. Portes,
Professor of Educational %
Counseling Psychology