RE: 20th century capitalism?

Eugene Matusov (ematusov who-is-at UDel.Edu)
Mon, 31 May 1999 12:26:13 -0400

Good point, Mike. For me, the more precise notions/phenomena connected with
mainstream schooling are alienation and totalitarism which are not unique to
capitalism. Probably, they are something to do with city-based
civilizations.

For some people, like me, capitalism offers much less alienation and
totalitarism than some other regimes. Thanks for reminding our immigrant
status :-) Speaking in the math language, the direction of immigration
indicates the gradient of the world misery.

What do you think?

Eugene