Re: Forbes (5-31-99) Charticle Ph.D.s in joblessness

Ethel Tobach (tobach who-is-at amnh.org)
Sat, 22 May 1999 11:38:11 -0400

Reading this article reminded me of an issue that may seem remote from the
discussion about public schools, but the interconnectedness of these
processes cannot be overlooked.

New York Times, 5/19/99, Pp. 1 and 6 in the Business section: "Weapons
makers seek rise in Pentagon spending." "The conflict in Kosovo eats up
equipment that must be replaced." You can get the rest of this up front
statement in regard to the immoral programs the USA is carrying out in
Yugoslavia by going to the New York Times web page.

This kind of policy will redound on all aspects of education, including the
public school issue. I thin we should make the June 5 demonstration
against the war a broader demonstration about issues like education, etc.
I hope you will be going to Washington on June 5, taking the students and
teachers with you. Ethel Tobach.