RE: Application Principles and AT Analysis (Help Needed!)

Cynthia DuVal (a-cynduv who-is-at microsoft.com)
Fri, 21 May 1999 11:57:26 -0700

Hi Rob,

I recommend getting biblographies of work by Bonnie Nardi and Kari Kuutti,
Terry Winograd and Don Norman. Their work and the references they provide
will keep you busy! What do you mean when you say development paradigms? We
could talk about this in a private conversation if you like.

Regards,
Cynthia DuVal
Interaction Design Team
Productivity Appliance Group
Microsoft

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Skinner [mailto:Rob.Skinner@suffolk.ac.uk]
Sent: Friday, May 21, 1999 3:07 AM
To: xmca who-is-at weber.ucsd.edu
Subject: Application Principles and AT Analysis (Help Needed!)

People: Because of my extreme arrogance I applied for a short term
research fellowship with a view to doing some work on Ubiquitous
Computing, Information Appliances and the consideration of appropriate
development paradigms using Activity Theory as a basis. Beware of what
you wish for it can often turn around and bite you in the arse. As you
may have guessed by now I was successful in my attempt to throw my self
in the deep end.

HELP: I am looking for references that I can use to try to work out a
process for applying activity theory.
ROB SKINNER