RE: apologies

Darcia Narvaez (narvaez who-is-at tc.umn.edu)
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 18:54:27

Cary,
I'm just getting settled and following up on AERA contacts and was looking
at your card today! So, good to hear from you. I'd be happy to send you
some reprints--our center office will take care of it. Let me know if you
have questions.
I enjoyed the roundtable--it's a good way to meet people more on a 'real'
basis than posters or papers!

Regards,
Darcia
On Thu, 29 Apr 1999 09:12:19 -0500,
xmca who-is-at weber.ucsd.edu wrote...
>Judy,
>
>We talked very, very briefly after one of Stanton Wortham's presentations.
>I mentioned that I had become very interested in using systemic
linguistics
>(Halliday/Hasan) in some analysis of classroom discourse. Stanton
>mentioned
>that you were involved in this type of analysis. From my limited reading
>on
>it, I have found it an intriguing way to examine classroom discourse. My
>particular
>interest is in using such an analysis to not only examine the content of
>the
>discourse and activity (field) but to also look at how teachers position
>students relative to the content of the discussion and themselves, and how
>this is related to power and authority issues (tenor).
>
>I would appreciate copies of papers you have written using such analysis.
>Many thanks,
>
>Cary
>
>Cary A. Buzzelli, Ph.D.
>Associate Professor
>Early Childhood Education
>School of Education
>Indiana University
>201 N. Rose Ave.
>Bloomington, IN
>47405-1006
>Tel: (812) 856-8184

Darcia Narvaez, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor in CI and EPSY
Executive Director
Center for the study of Ethical Development
College of Education and Human Development
150 Peik Hall,159 Pillsbury Drive SE
Minneapolis MN 55455
narvaez who-is-at tc.umn.edu
Phone: 612-626-7306 FAX: 612-624-8277