RE: apologies

Buzzelli, Cary Anthony (cbuzzell who-is-at indiana.edu)
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 09:12:19 -0500

Judy,

We talked very, very briefly after one of Stanton Wortham's presentations.
I mentioned that I had become very interested in using systemic linguistics
(Halliday/Hasan) in some analysis of classroom discourse. Stanton mentioned
that you were involved in this type of analysis. From my limited reading on
it, I have found it an intriguing way to examine classroom discourse. My
particular
interest is in using such an analysis to not only examine the content of the
discourse and activity (field) but to also look at how teachers position
students relative to the content of the discussion and themselves, and how
this is related to power and authority issues (tenor).

I would appreciate copies of papers you have written using such analysis.
Many thanks,

Cary

Cary A. Buzzelli, Ph.D.
Associate Professor