Re: 2ND THOUGHTS

Diane HODGES (dchodges who-is-at interchange.ubc.ca)
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 02:11:46 -0800

another excellent idea judy. thanks - i am fairly / adequately versed in
psychoanalytic theory/feminism/queerisms and object/theory hybridizations
re identity and interaction; desire and so on (eg., where paternalism is a
"desire" that needs to be opened more problematically) etc.
yes. yes.
diane - and i'd repeat here, [Phil Graham? - Jay Lemke? - Phillip Allen
White? Mike Cole?...];
and Others? that tits are _not_ a requirement. (not to name names or
anything eh? ha ha)

At 11:22 4/7/99, Judy Diamondstone wrote:
>This is exciting! Literature might include feminist
>[psychoanalytic] critiques of object-relations theory.
>See: a collection edited by Teresa Brenan, "Between
>feminism & psychonalysis" -- Personally, I find the
>obsession with the subject unmitigated by issues of the
>social via artifacts & institutions to be a bit tiresome;
>on the other hand, AT uninformed by feminists' critique of
>paternalistic discourse is unacceptable. What do you
>think about this as a conversation topic, Katherine,
>Diane, Vera?
>

>At 09:31 AM 4/7/99 -0700, you wrote:
>>Hey, diane, that's a great idea. It will be fun to see what's on people's
>>lists and in their minds. Maybe we could give the ref and title, and say
>>what the big ideas are in the paper, and then when we get a big pile,
>>we could try to organize them thematically. This would be fun
>>I think...and a web page would be really valuable I think.
>>KB
>>

>Judith Diamondstone (732) 932-7496 Ext. 352
>Graduate School of Education
>Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey
>10 Seminary Place
>New Brunswick, NJ 08901-1183
>
>Eternity is in love with the productions of time - Wm Blake

When she walks,
the revolution's coming.
In her hips, there's revolution.
When she talks, I hear revolution.
In her kiss, I taste the revolution.
(poem by Kathleen Hanna: Riot Grrl)
diane celia hodges
university of british columbia
centre for the study of curriculum and knowledge
vancouver, british columbia, canada