Re: maybe silence?

Ricardo Ottoni (rjapias who-is-at ibm.net)
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 18:49:46 -0300

Mr. Goodman,

Reading your message I remember that many brazilian celebrities,
during military dictatorship, had a similar behavior as E. Kazan.
Nevertheless, some of them had a "double" (dialectical?!) activity.
They give names to military Government and, at the same time, provided=20
those persons who had their names given with "hot" information,=20
helping them to escape from jail.
For example, there was a famous TV showman (Fl=E1cio Cavalcante) that put=
=20
a very famous brazilian actress (Leila Diniz) - an idexed people to=20
military government - to talk in front cameras and before policemen=20
could catch her, helped her escape from them, in such a way that it was=20
like He had nothing within it. Can you understand me?
As he, we know about many others that act in a similar way, like=20
"Arlechino" by Goldonni.
Are there similar stories/histories on history like that in USA during=20
MCarthism?