Re: like a Jeopardy question

Diane HODGES (dchodges who-is-at interchange.ubc.ca)
Sun, 7 Mar 1999 23:13:11 +0100

At 1:39 PM 3/7/99, Phillip Allen White wrote:

because it is Collier who coined the term 'action research', which
>he wanted done by the classroom teachers who were teaching
>Indian-americans - and Lewin later used for community action groups in
>the late forties / early fifties.
> another odd connection is that Collier attended Janet's classes at
>College de France (or perhaps the Sorbonne and Janet was in
>correspondance with Vygotsky in the twenties) at the turn of this century,
>and when Collier returned to New York became involved in community action
>groups and even organized the first multicultural celebration in this
>country - circa 1910.

Phil, Guy!

no waaaaaay!! get OUTTA here!!! I must have yr refs - it's like Lewin is
a vapour trail -

I must do some serious poking around. Thanks for the
info- thanks
Lots. That Lewin really cracks me up.
diane