RE: just a little more portfolio assessment

Eugene Matusov (ematusov who-is-at UDel.Edu)
Sat, 27 Feb 1999 14:52:14 -0500

Hi Chuck and everybody--

Thanks, Chuck, for your very informative historical account of how portfolio
assessment has been developed in US. I had a suspicion that it should to do
something with job market (and not with intrinsic work of artist). I become
more and more convinced that it is mainly a tool for negotiation among
communities about resources and support rather something to do inherently
with learning and guiding. I know that you are working on the phenomenon of
accountability (I read your article in Mind, Culture, and Activity). Would
my conclusion fly with your research? How do you consider assessment
divorced from practices?

Take care,

Eugene
PS I can't remember much because I'm a 10-year old immigrant in the US.