Re: dfn, please?

Peter Smagorinsky (smago who-is-at peachnet.campus.mci.net)
Sat, 19 Dec 1998 15:22:12 -0500

Just for fun I plugged the term psychometrics into the Dictionary of
Education P.L.U.S. search engine <http://macweb.soe.umich.edu/plus/> and
came up with the general definition: the science of measuring intelligence.
I know that testing services like ACT and ETS rely on psychometricians, and
that people like the Bell Curve authors (Richard J. Herrnstein and Charles
Murray) fall in this category. Probably not big favorites among xmca
subscribers, I suspect.

Peter