Re: drive-thru education (not)

Ken Goodman (kgoodman who-is-at u.arizona.edu)
Thu, 03 Dec 1998 09:11:53 -0700

Several recent books begin to lay out these connections. Mine, issued by
Stenhouse is called In Defense of Good Teaching. What Teachers Need to
Know about the Reading Wars. Denny Taylor has a book called The Spin
Doctors of Science published by NCTE. Jeff McQuillan has a recent book.
NEA has done a listing of the major neo-conservative think tanks and
institutes nationally and by states and their major contributors. It can
be accessed on their web page. CEO's of major media companies sit on
state business councils- such as the CEO of the Baltimore Sun (an LA
Times subsidiary. SO the Sun has become a major vehicle for
manufacturing bad news about public education and reading in particular.