Re: no no no NORTHEAST

Phil Graham (pw.graham who-is-at student.qut.edu.au)
Sat, 14 Nov 1998 22:09:10 +1100

At 18:03 14-11-98 +1100, you wrote:
>diane celia hodges wrote:
>
>> Australia is northeast of Tahiti; but then geography is not a strong suit
>> of mine and my atlas is downstairs, so... How to get to Australia? Pitch
>> the right proposal of course:
>> 1) multicultural analyses of teacher-identity re/constructions in mixed
>> cultural contexts (Aboriginal/White English);
>> 2) Climate and Competence: Is there a relation between exposure to sun and
>> beaches and teacher competence?
>> 3) Teacher-student relations and Surfing: Riding the waves of education
>
>"How value-added taxation incentivises marketing of training/education
>products" is probably more in line with the priorities here at the
>moment.

Yes, indeed! Another sure-fire prop would be entitled: "Lower wages for
better living: The case for a more flexible and competitive workforce in
higher education"

OR

"Separating knowledge from understanding: The argument for instrumental,
enterprise-oriented research based on everything we already know".

Pitch any of these props at any Canberra University, and you're guaranteed
a scholarship, a chair at the HR Nicholls Society, and life membership in
the NFF (National Farmers Federation).

Good luck. See you next Tuesday.
Phil

http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Palms/8314/index.html