spaces Re: hands up

Eva Ekeblad (eva.ekeblad who-is-at ped.gu.se)
Fri, 13 Nov 1998 16:09:02 +0100 (MET)

At 08.34 -0600 98-11-13, Kevin Leander wrote:
>Speaking of space, I think this collective self-representation of a
>classroom, with participants raising hands, sitting in the back, etc., is
>pretty darned interesting.

Yah, it's like we need those auditorium spaces as a reference point for
understanding what connects the xmca share of what pops up on this reading/
/writing space, the surface of the screen. I've just read Jay David
Bolter's *Writing Space. The Computer, Hypertext, and the History of
Writing* from 1991. Which was ALSO pretty darned interesting, both beacuse
of the way he treats "writing space" and because it, already, had this
*dated* feel. The Web wasn't around yet when Bolter was enthusing about
hypertext.

cheers
Eva

PS The Bolter book is on Erlbaum