Re: hands up

John St. Julien (stjulien who-is-at UDel.Edu)
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 22:45:06 -0500

>At 02.12 -0800 98-11-12, Kim Cooney wrote:
>>Let's all pop up from behind our
>>computer screens for a moment and let the others know who is there
>>listening or contributing.

Very nice thought, thanks. I have been enjoying the short self-descriptions
so much that it didn't seem fair not to participate.

John St. Julien. Was a carpenter, a sometime lithographer and occasional
counselor. Helped raise some kids, got back in school hoping to teach
social studies. Got confused about just what this learning stuff was that
we were supposedly encouraging and found myself in a place where one of my
pleasures is participating (mostly by listening) in this community. Ended
up in my current job in Delaware (Delawhere?). Interested in way too many
things including situated cognition, connectionism, experience, complexity,
embodiment, and Dewey. Mostly in the context of curriculum, technology,
design, and schools.

I too miss the self-introductions that folks once did. It would be nice to
see that tradition extended to a periodic reintroduction of old-timers too.

Eagerly waving my hand from the back of the room, John

John St. Julien (stjulien who-is-at udel.edu)
School of Education
University of Delaware