Re: hands up

Julia Mame Matuga (jmatuga who-is-at indiana.edu)
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 10:19:28 -0500 (EST)

I'll go...
Julie Matuga, PhD student in Educational Psychology (Learning,Cognition,
and Instruction) and former K-12 art teacher. I confess I am a lurker.
Dissertation research on young children's private speech while engaged in
drawing tasks. Currently teaching chilhood socialization
("traditional") and an intro to ed. psych. course on the web. It has been
an interesting challenge to design and teach a course utilizing
Socio-historical/cultural instructional strategies in this web-base
course. I try to keep up with the list but have not had that much time
this semester to do anything other than lurk.
Julie

On Thu, 12 Nov 1998, Eva Ekeblad wrote:

> At 02.12 -0800 98-11-12, Kim Cooney wrote:
> >Let's all pop up from behind our
> >computer screens for a moment and let the others know who is there
> >listening or contributing.
>
> Good idea, Kim
>
> Let me think... where am I at present?
>
> Eva Ekeblad, PhD in Education. A long-ago background as a school drop out
> gone into the arts of tapestry weaving, coming back to Academia by some
> fairly autodidactic paths. Dissertation research on children learning
> numbers, at school and by computer games. A basic fascination with the
> human capacity for learning in all kinds of possible and impossible
> situations (makes us kind of responsible, doesn't it?) Current research on
> electronic written communication as a learning inter-medium. Might be nice
> to turn outside of Cyberspace again in the future...
>
> Now: who is next?
>
> Eva

Julia M. Matuga
Dept. of Counseling and Educational Psychology
School of Education, 4021B
Indiana University, Bloomington

"The theoretician's prayer: 'Dear Lord, forgive me the sin
of arrogance, and Lord, by arrogance I mean the following...."

--Leon Lederman