Re: Object of Shared Understanding?

Eva Ekeblad (eva.ekeblad who-is-at ped.gu.se)
Wed, 3 Jun 1998 11:55:01 +0200 (METDST)

At 10.57 -0700 98-06-01, Molly Freeman wrote:
>My thoughts have been that we have yet to use language resources adequate f=
or
>capturing or expressing the interdependence of the phenemena under
>scrutiny by AT.
>We are coadapting with our observations and struggles to make meaning with
>them.

I agree. An activity as this one, which takes the conceptual system of
activity theory as its object is a kind of "toolmaking" activity.

Or better: a production (and maintenance) of mediating artifacts. So we are
producing the means for our own continued discussion, but, of course also
concepts/symbols to be functional as mediating artifacts in other activity
systems of research and application in institutional transformation --
education, workplaces... whatever xmca participants are doing elsewhere.

Eva