"F" is for Frustration... (Re: 'N' is for No)

Eva Ekeblad (eva.ekeblad who-is-at ped.gu.se)
Thu, 21 May 1998 16:22:26 +0200 (METDST)

At 09.43 -0400 98-05-21, Bill Barowy wrote:
>No, I cannot find that the the definitions of the related functions --
>subject-tool-object -- in the Vygotskian triadic system are clear in the
>discourse here,when I read:
>>>Depending on situation, depending on perspective or a way of
>>>participation, what is subject, object, or tool is different and
>>>changing, and reorganizing.

Well, sure, Bill: that is not the place to look for a definition. What
Ueno-sensei is doing in that little decontextualized snatch of discourse is
to take for granted that the reader is already familiar with AT definitions
of the functions in case, and point to the application of the model.

And sorry, I'm also in too much of a rush to attend to the quotes you just
brought in.

Eva