Re: people/objects

Eva Ekeblad (eva.ekeblad who-is-at ped.gu.se)
Wed, 20 May 1998 12:57:39 +0200 (METDST)

At 11.16 -0700 98-05-19, Mike Cole wrote:
>I prefer to use interaction for both human-human/living creature and
>human/non-
>living object, but it seems certain that the qualities of interaction diffe=
>across the different kinds of media.

=2E..which was nice to hear, as I had, in roughly the same time slot, sent a
message saying something similar.

The related discussion of the two different problems of treating people as
computers and treating computers as people suddenly reminded me of an
exchange we had over the AT-seminar group alias a month or so ago (after
the end of the actual class, but before the group had let go of the
discussions). At the time we also planned to open up the xact list and get
it going as a listserver. Due to unexpected tragedies of personal health
among the tech staff this has not been done.

Instead some of the themes have emerged on the xmca.

In the following forwarded message you get my response to a message by
Mike, which I had included the whole relevant part of as a quote. Some
important information (like the reference) is at the end, in the quote from
a much earlier message to the seminar group.

Best wishes
Eva