Re: coining phrases

Eva Ekeblad (jkonopak who-is-at ou.edu)
Sun, 10 May 1998 11:20:39 -0500

diane celia hodges wrote:

> At 8:14 PM 5/9/98, Eva Ekeblad wrote:
>

> >and yes four eyes can see more than two
> >
> >and THIS is just the beginning of our multiplication...
> >... then: how far will the network stretch before it is ruptured?
> >
> >Eva
>
> ah, but does it rupture? or branch out into other networks?
> might collective perecptions hyperlink?
> diane
>
> "Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right." Ani Difranco
> diane celia hodges

I think yes. Both? All the time.
The main difference being the amount and kind of turbulence in the
system whereupon the network subsists.
Bermuda grass rhizomes are a lot sturdier in necessary (for bermuda
grass) ways than spiders (or virtual) webs.

There's a bunch of folk who talk about "memes" who I think would
answer the question
>might collective perecptions hyperlink?
in the affirmative.

As I read it, the founding authority/metaphor for "memetics" is "The
Selfish Gene," proposing there are analogies in the creation
distribution dissemination of "meaning"
--the quotidian _content_ systems--
to the self-replicative properties of the biological universe.

A form of bio-psychologism?
Is this a problem?

To Whom It May Concern: Happy Mothers Day

jkonopak who-is-at ou.edu