computers as tools/ax handles

Carol Berkenkotter (cberken who-is-at mtu.edu)
Fri, 1 May 1998 15:27:01 -0400

On Friday, May 1, 1998, Mike Cole wrote:

Richard Beach's message on xact seems relevant to
>the broader audience of xmca so I am passing it along.

To xmca-ers interested in Tom Erickson's reponse to David Russell's essay,
"Rethinking genre. . . An activity theory analysis" (Written
Communication, Vol 14, No 4 October , 1997), below are the comments of
another seminar member who is raising questions about the shaping
influences of new forms of (electronic) mediated communication:

Carol Berkenkotter