Re: Help me to understand...

maria judith (costlins who-is-at ism.com.br)
Thu, 30 Apr 1998 10:50:42 -0200

Bill, it is interesting to study the intersections between Piaget and
Vygotsky, and I am doing this with my group of pos-graduation at the
university. Don't you think that the idea that Piaget didn't pay
attention to the social interaction was a mis-understanding made by
Vygotsky? Piaget survived Vygotsky in almost half a century and he
improved his theory. He continued with his research and wrote a lot of
articles and books where he thinks about the social interaction. We
can't continue with the same perspective about Piaget like Vygotsky
because we know the rest of the Theory. Vygotsky knew only the "young"
Piaget. Thanks, maria judith lins