Re: code name: "feminist!"

George (gkcunn01 who-is-at ulkyvm.louisville.edu)
Fri, 24 Apr 1998 13:38:14 -0400

At 12:57 AM 4/24/98 -0400, you wrote:
>I don't usually comment in threads on the nature and academic place of
>feminist theory and research, mostly because I don't believe that men can
>be authoritative on these matters, and that we too often tend to deflect or
>misrepresent core feminist concerns and perspectives, even with the best
>intentions.

By this do you mean that women should not comment on masculinity, that
African Americans should not comment on anything to do with non-minorities,
and that white persons can say nothing about race accept to the degree that
it relates to the "white race" (whatever that is)?