Of interest to everybody

Eva Ekeblad (eva.ekeblad who-is-at ped.gu.se)
Mon, 20 Apr 1998 16:42:48 +0200

At 14.01 -0700 98-04-20, Mike Cole wrote:
>Hi Eva-- Your message came through.
> I am not sure if anything is wrong with the server here: perhaps
>xmca only works inside of UCSD right now? Or between Gotenberg and UCSD?
> mike

Well (dear Mike, dear Vera) whatever the reason of the silence, it seems to
be broken now.

A question Mike, after reading your AERA speech on:

Cultural psychology: can it help us think about diversity?

What on earth does Diversity mean in a US context?? -- I mean, can one take
anything BUT a cultural approach to the psychology-sociology-pedagogy and
whatever field of research when it comes to issues of diversity in
education??

It seems like that when you have to ask your question that way, that
Diversity has become one of those "technical terms" -- game pieces in US
politics.

Can I get a native informant on this one?

Eva