RE: Applied Delpit?

Eugene Matusov (ematusov who-is-at UDel.Edu)
Mon, 6 Apr 1998 11:29:41 -0400

Hi Mike and everybody--

I think it is not a question whether a hidden curriculum should be taught in
school (or anywhere else). There is no choice because hidden curriculum is
always there. The question is where the teacher should design curriculum
with awareness of its part being hidden from the teacher and students. In
the examples provided by Nate, Maria, Judy, and Nelson, some parts of the
curriculum designed by the teacher can be intentionally hidden from the
students. For me, the primary issue here is the issue of teacher's
manipulation versus providing sensitive, respectful, and critical guidance.
What do you think?

Eugene