Re: Community Service and Psychosocial development

Colleen Loomis (CLoomi2 who-is-at GL.umbc.edu)
Sat, 28 Mar 1998 10:28:19 -0500

A study by Rosemerry Blash and Donald Unger (1995) titled "Self-concept
of African-American Male Youth: Self-Esteem and Ethnic Identity" may be
of interest to those interested in this topic. The authors looked at
perceived efficacy, parent support, and community involvment with
self-esteem and ethnic identity. I'm not sure if you are looking for
information specific to African Americans or not. Either way the study
may give you some ideas as well as references.

The full reference is:
Blash, R. R. & Unger, D.G. (1995). Self-concept of African-American
male youth: Self-esteem and ethnic identity. Journal of Child and
Family Studies, Vol. 4, No. 3, pp. 359-373.

Colleen

--
Colleen Loomis
Graduate Assistant

University of Maryland Baltimore County Human Service Psychology Ph.D. Program Community-Social/Applied Developmental

E-Mail: cLoomi2 who-is-at gL.umbc.edu