Re: affectivity: feelings and emotions -- rhythms

Eugene Matusov (ematusov who-is-at UDel.Edu)
Sat, 28 Feb 1998 16:32:30 -0500

Hi Marc--

I think you may want to try=20

de Lone, R. H. (1979). Small Futures: Children, inequality, and the limits=
of
liberal reform. New York: Harcourt Brace Jovanovich.

Eugene

At 10:01 PM 2/27/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Robert, do you happen to know of any reference on the social creation of
>cultural inequality in schools going back only a hundred years or so??
>Anyone else??
>
>Marc
>

>On Fri, 27 Feb 1998, Robert Bahruth wrote:
>
>> Mike, I don't know if you've seen the book by Dennis Fehr, Dogs Playing
>> Cards: Powerbrokers of Prejudice in Education, Art and Culture.=A0 (Peter
>> Lang Publishers 1993).=A0 It is a tremendous piece of scholarship=
precisely
>> on the social creation of inequality going back thousands of years.=A0 It=
is
>> a pleasureable read since the author also has a sense of humor in places,
>> especially the preface.=A0 I highly recommend this to anyone interested=
in
>> feminism, critical pedagogy,and cultural politics.=A0 Fehr has done a lot=
of
>> homework to shed light on the issue from the lens of art.=A0 Also, Victor
>> Villase=F1or speaks about the eye of the needle we are passing through in
>> very hopeful ways.=A0 He is the author of several books, his most famous
>> being Rain of Gold.=A0 roberto
>>=20
>>=20
>=20
Eugene Matusov
Willard Hall Educational Bldg., Room 206G=20
Department of Educational Studies
University of Delaware
Newark, DE 19716-2920

Phone: (302) 831-1266