Re: emotional bonds/education

Peter Smagorinsky (psmagorinsky who-is-at ou.edu)
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 06:41:32

At 01:06 AM 2/12/98 -0300, you wrote:
>I read your comments over Mikhael Yaroshevsky's study.
>Is that book translated to english or spanish? If so, would you
>please tell me the publishers, year of publication etc.

I picked up my copy of Yaroshevsky's book in Moscow. It's an English
translation--I don't know if it's available in Spanish. The publisher is
Progress Publishers in Moscow (1989), and the book (simply titled Lev
Vygotsky) is in their Outstanding Soviet Psychologists series. The ISBN is
5-01-001139-5. The purpose of this series is, according to the cover
blurb, to introduce foreign readers to Soviet psychologists, so it's
possible they're translated into other languages as well. A few years ago
Steve Hardy-Braz posted the name of a book store that imports and sells
Progress Publishers books, but I forget what it is. Is there an internet
connection that anyone knows of?

Peter