RE: Genre symposium - compilation #1: general impressions

Eugene Matusov (ematusov who-is-at udel.edu)
Mon, 26 Jan 1998 11:13:01 -0800

Hi Judy and everybody--

Thanks, Judy, for the report on the conference.

I wonder if there is any difference between "genre" and "discourse"? Bakhtin
used the term "genre" but people now (e.g., Jim Gee) use "discourse". This
is not my area but I can't see difference. Does it exist?

Eugene