Re: Re(2): Discourse structures & Confused in California

Helena Worthen (worthen who-is-at soli.inav.net)
Wed, 14 Jan 1998 06:39:01 -0600

Rachel Heckert wrote:

Some guidance as to what people are already doing in terms of
>protocols (NOT content) could give a lot of lurkers the courage to take
>the jump. Once in, it becomes easier to experiment and innovate/create.

When I joined xmca -- four years ago? -- one of the first items I got was a
wonderful 18-page explanation of internet protocol by Phil Agre. I was
amazed when it landed on my desktop! I printed it up and it served me as a
guide to discussions with professors via email all the way through my
dissertation. Is this practice still being followed?

Helena Worthen
Director of Education and Political Action
UNITE! Philadelphia Joint Board

Helena Worthen
821 Dearborn Street
Iowa City, IA 52240